"Our Stone"

"Our Stone"

Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!

Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!
It's time to get excited! He is coming in the clouds for His people

Our Calling

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Latest on Us

May has come to Montana and with it two inches of snow. I was quite shocked when I woke up to "white" outside! The kids had fun and it was completely gone by that afternoon....so, I guess it's o.k. It will be nice when it warms up for good though. Both the boys have started baseball and it's cold watching their games.........
I will try to give a quick update on our lives:
Our home in Idaho has sold. Closing is June 3. I will be returning to Coeurd'alene next week to start sorting and packing. Then I will come again right before closing to get everything out and moved to a storage locker there in town. We will continue to rent in Montana as we have been until our new home is finished. My plan is to buy the lot across the street from my parents home here in MT and build a house there. I will prayerfully proceed in this direction.
The kids are doing well. Caleb and Clayton have both started baseball, as I mentioned. They are really enjoying it. I am having fun watching them learn and grow. Their daddy would be proud and I believe is .....I think the Lord keeps him up to date on us (as much as would be appropriate anyway ).
Caleb has finally lost tooth number 4! This is a badge if honor to a 7 year old. And now, Clayton proudly wears his first badge as well. His however came rather prematurely to say the least. Last week he had quite an accident and did a face plant in our garage - he lost his balance while getting out of daddy's truck. I quickly ran around to his side just in time to see a screaming boy with a mouth full of blood. I got him calmed down with a cold wash cloth and then surveyed the damage. To make a long story short he was in to see the oral surgeon by that afternoon where he was stitched up in three different areas around and in his mouth. His front tooth was hanging and therefore the doctor just pulled it out. Praise the Lord, it was only a baby tooth!
Clayton did amazingly well and was very brave. Jesus was with him! ......
Lacey will be turning 4 very soon (May 12) and can hardly wait. She loves to talk about what her birthday party will be like. She is not much into the baseball thing, but would like to take swimming lessons again. She was taking them for awhile but when Jacob got sick we pulled her out. So, she is up for hitting the waves again!!!!!
And last but not least, Lydia, the little darling of the house - is doing great. She will be one on June 18 which is hard to believe. She is all smiles and some whimpering .....now that those teeth are coming in. She knows her daddy's picture and loves to reach out and touch it. She sometimes will even say, "da" when she sees it.
Then of course there is me. I am just the mom. The Lord continues to hold me and give me just enough strength for the day.... and then again for the next and the next and then next. It is not an easy path. It is often very hard, exhausting, and lonely - but He is taking me to a new place in Him that I have never known before. He has a plan and a purpose. I will keep trusting Him....not because everything in my life makes sense to me, but simply because I chose to honor Him in this way. For I do know without a doubt that all this makes perfect sense to Him who sees all and knows all and has planned it all to work for good in my life and the children. And as His coming draws closer by the day, He is at work purifying and refining me.........I have heard the hottest fires make the purest gold.....................All for His glory! And one day in His Kingdom, I shall gasp in amazement as my eyes behold the whole picture. It will be worth it all, I know. And Jacob will be there smiling with such joy knowing that together he and I fulfilled the Lord's calling for us during our lifetime!
Thank you all for still being interested in our lives. You are a blessing to us. Have a beautiful day in Jesus. For He loves each one of you more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dawn. Love the toothless smiles and fancy hair clips. :=) We hold each of you close to our hearts. Shelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and your kids Dawn! I love hearing about what God is doing for you and an update on the kids! Hallie's birthday is June 18th too! You are SUCH and encouragement to all of us! Your faith and trust in God reminds us that our time here on earth is short and not our own, so we should continue to trust Him and seek Him! You are amazing and I know that God is going to continue to use you to bless and encourage MANY in Him!
    Love you girl
    Becky Johnson

    ReplyDelete