"Our Stone"

"Our Stone"

Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!

Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!
It's time to get excited! He is coming in the clouds for His people

Our Calling

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Beautiful Gift of Salvation

Today marks 10 months since my darling moved to his new and everlasting home. Isn't it wonderful that as Christians we can look at it like this. Death for us is not the final end of life but instead only the beginning of truly living!!
Tonight the kids and I put in a couple home dvds of daddy. It was truly wonderful to see him and watch him and hear him. So dear....so familiar. There he was - his laughing sweet self. Just as if he was in the room. It was so good for the kids and me. How much we MISS him.
Tonight as I was watching it hit me. I am so so so very blessed that every time our children tell me how much they miss daddy - that I can look them in the eye and say, " I know, me too...BUT, we WILL SEE HIM AGAIN!!" Not every one can say that to their children, sad to say, but all too true. I am overwhelmed by the gift of salvation that Jesus has freely given. It is truly a beautiful gift - priceless beyond comprehension. Jesus not only wants to see our joy in beholding His face for the first time, but also, to see our faces LIGHT UP when we see those we have loved in the past life. And he made it all possible on the cross of suffering for us...so that we don't have to but instead can live in paradise forever.
Listen to this, I Thes. 4:13 - 18 " But I would not have you to be ignorant brothers, concerning them which are asleep that you sorrow not even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord that we which are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God. The dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
A glorious and wonderful day is coming for all those who are found in Jesus. And from looking at the world around us...I feel His coming is getting very close. Each and every day for us (the Cole family) is a whole lot brighter now that we have learned to walk in the present - with a constant excitement of eternity to come. What a delight! What a gift! What a joy!
Do you share in this same JOY? If not, Jesus extends this gift to you as well.....just waiting for you to take it. Please do not miss out on the joy that Jesus Christ has planned for you. It would blow your mind if you could see what Heaven is like - it is only an upgrade from the very best you have ever known in this life. Receive this beautiful gift of salvation.....do not wait until it is too late.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog came recommended to me this morning, you losing your husband, I just buried my 7 year old son...we are both believers, it's amazing that ten months have passed for you and your faith is unwavering...my son passed 7 thursdays ago and my belief in God likewise has never wavered but my humanly heart is still so, so shattered...how do you pick up the pieces? i have no clue where to begin...
    Sarah in WA
    www.notsobrightandshiny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I have never lost a child, but as I pray for you it comes to me that you can't pick up the pieces. The Lord will mend your heart Himself, and the hope that Dawn speaks of in her post will sustain you. I remember that following the death of his own son, Abraham Lincoln wrote wonderful words of solace to parents who have lost children. Those words ended with this, "...though it may not seem possible now, you will be happy again." I think you may rest in these promises: this present pain will ease, you will be happy in Jesus again, and you will rejoice in the hope of seeing your dear boy "soon and very soon..." With love and prayers of compassion and love for the sorrow you've faced, and the same for Dawn and her children, Linda

    ReplyDelete